Tuesday 18 November 2014

Techie us

Hey readers,

The way technology has evolved is amazing. I'm not talking about the rocket science or medical science. I'm talking about the world of apps and mobiles. Today one of my cousins introduced me to 2 different apps that sort of had me thinking about the time where simple texting was such a craze. The app is Snap chat. Apparently, you take a picture or video which will be visible to your contacts for about 10 seconds and then it's gone...Whooshhhh...just like that!!!  Apart from that it has a Story feature which lets you keep the pic for 24 hours and then goes whoosh again. Also you get a notification as to who has taken a snap shot of your pic. Amazing na.. I wonder what inspired the developers to make an app like that. It will definitely will be interesting. If anyone has watched Internship movie then they will get what I am trying to say. ( It's a part where all the mismatched team members bond over a night and suddenly come up with the idea.. it's much more interesting than I'm explaining it ). If you haven't seen the movie yet, please do. It's amazing!
So back to the topic... So the next one is not exactly an app but a feature that my basic android mobile lack of!!!  It's called Wi-Fi Direct. Any huge file you have that will take forever to get attached to the mail it or send via Bluetooth, this feature is your ultimate savior!!  It transfers your file at much faster rate. If you are also sulking at your handset for lacking such a handy feature like me then there's a silver lining in the cloud, you can download it from the app store. I'm not sure it works the same way or not, but I have downloaded both the apps and I can't wait to use them.

These apps and virtual world is very alluring. I love them but sometimes it seems that the virtual world is much more glamorous than the real one. I hardly have seen someone who doesn't check upon their mobile in every 10 minutes whether or not you receive a notification (including myself). A day without mobile or even turning off your data connection once in a while could balance that. So today @ night instead of chatting in the virtual world, try doing the same in real world. Go to a park, talk, hangout with friends/family, take a walk. Do anything that doesn't involve the mobile or television or any other techie stuff... or take a vacation without your mobile and I guarantee you that you will love it and feel more relaxed than you have ever in a while. I'm not saying don't be in touch with technology or move forward with the world...But sometimes kicking back your feet and doing nothing but talk with someone feels liberating too.

So until next time...stay techie and
Have a wicked day, reader!!


No comments:

Post a Comment